Thursday, October 20, 2005

"The things we think and do not say"

I am sitting here watching the tv edited version of Jerry Macquire. I just got done with a very long Im conversation and am left feeling a little like Jerry. I have this sense about the way things are, the way things should be but instead of being understood I am standing in the lobby yelling with a fish. I am trying to make a point but i am not being heard. "But if anybody else wants to come with me, this moment will be the ground floor of something real and fun and inspiring and true in this business and we will do it together! Who's coming with me besides..."Flipper" here?" and my cry falls to deaf ears. I imagine them saying"We are happy here and you are ruining our freedom. You'll ruin it. I am entitled to the way I live my life."
I must be wrong because the way I govern my life with accountability for my actions is just mad.
Or is it?
It is wrong to want to live in a way where what you say has power to bless others and curse others?Is it wrong to feel that the there should be a unity among us all because of who we are in Christ and that that should ulitimately take precedence over all "our" opinions? I don't want to be right anymore. I want others to see Him in me.
I want to be the girl in the lobby with the fish and the bible saying," WHO'S COMING WITH ME?"

You can be that man or woman to join me or you can continue to choose your opinions to take precidence. You can say your status, your opinon, your joke, your music, your tv show is important or you can say all that really matters is that the Lord be glorified in ALL THINGS.

Here is hoping tonight you empty your desk into a box and step out the door with me to something greater then the false security of who we are alone. It might be hard, we might go broke but what we have will be so much greater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home