Thursday, September 15, 2005

I had a pretty busy day today. I had African American Literature. We are reading "Black girl in Paris" a novel about a girls journey in paris in the 80's during a time of unrest. Then I went to the photo lab to do some catching up from what I missed while I was getting my MRI last week. I made a proof of my first negatives. That was pretty fun. I grabbed a salad at the union and caught the bus to make it to my narrative theory class. Everyday the teacher makes references to famous works as examples and asks who has read each work. So far Jane Eyre, the Old man and the Sea and the Great Gasby are the only novels I have read in the past. Since I read them it high school it occurs to me that it was around 7 years ago when I read any of them. So yeah. Lots of fun for me. Today we talked about discourse. It was facinating. OK so then I hiked back to the other side of campus for my final class 3 more hours of photo. I made my first print today. Something I lovingly titled "junk in my trunk" It was pretty abstract, and as the title implies. It is a photo of my sleeping bag and chair and mat and rollerblades and backpack and all the other stuff in my trunk. It is cool but I need to work some more on balancing the exposure. Ok so then I visited with megs for a few minutes and headed back to the kains. I had dinner then made some wheat rasin bread and some really sweet cookies. The bread was in the breadmaker but didn't rise as well as I would have liked. The cookies came out perfect.

Ok that is all for today

Here is the cookie recipe

Blend; 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream, 2/3 cup butter, 1 egg and a tsp of vanilla
Blend 2 cups flour, 1/2 tsp of each salt,baking powder, baking soda
Add Flour Mixture to sugar mixture and blend
Add one cup semi sweet chocolate chips and stir
Drop by teaspoonfulls onto a cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes in a 350 degree preheated oven
Allow to cool and enjoy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home