Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The MRI

So i haven't posted in awhile.
What has been happeneing. Well I went to camp. I drove 15 passenger vans and golf carts and used a megaphone and shouted and pretty much had a swell time.
Then I came home and started college and bought a new blazer and gas prices went up and my lower back hurt...but mostly kinda pressure and numbness. Then my right cheek and jaw and part of my left foot just the pad in the front went numb. This continued for 5 days before I was able to get an MRI. It is kinda sobering being put in a tunnel that makes loud noises all packed in with foam and wearing a dumb bonnet and scrubs and knowing that these pictures might forever change things. MS or a pinched nerve is what my doctor suspects. There is a world of difference between those two diagnosis. So I wait for the call.
This morning my face is a little bit less numb...i think it may be leaving but my foot is still pretty numb. Since it is just a part i mostly feel it in bare feet on the stairs because you use that part primarily to climb stairs.

On a lighter note the dog has learned when i say "off" to get her off the bed to sit and smile and then lay down. It is a fabulous trick. She woke me up around 7 am this morning and i was looking forward to at least another half hour. Que Sera.

What else? Well I am taking photography and learning to use a manual camera and develop in a darkroom. I am also taking meterolgy which is very interesting considering all the Katrina developments. My prayers have been turned toward the victims a lot lately. I think we have a lot to be grateful for. We always have. I am also taking african american lit and narritive theory. I have been working a lot of hours at lee hall which can get pretty boring. I hand out basketballs and count usage of the facilities once an hour. It is sort of impossible to count during a basketball game though. Some of the college guys who play are completely crazy. No one really comes in between 10 and midnight on a friday so I have been harrasing my friends to come chill with me cause it is really boring otherwise. Nothing like getting paid to watch tv though.

Ok well I am tired of sitting in this chair. So I have updated. Boo Yah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home