Wednesday, March 31, 2004

First the Deep;
God has been really speaking to me lately. One of the things he has been revealing to me has been the power of friendships and his desire for me to have them. I think for so long I have been having a few friendships and maintaining them ok but God has this bigger plan for me. God doesn't want me to settle in him and be content to just make myself happy. He has established people in my life to help me grow and I in theirs to help them grow. Jesus had his disciples. Jesus was a perfect man and he still needed his friends. I too being no where near perfect of course need support as he did. If I want to strive to be like Jesus then I need to make myself available to the relationships he wants to bless me with.
Part of Gods perfect plan has been for a group of people from BASIC(Brothers and Sisters in Christ) at school. I mean I think of these people truly as my brothers and sisters. We laugh and cry and pray and eat and talk together. I have been so blessed just in the short time that I have known them. Sometimes we don't get along perfectly but that is the way it is in any earthly family. I think of what I would have missed out on if I had rejected what God had planned for me through these people. I know if I need anything that they will be able to help me and I can help them if they need anything as well. Sometimes it is hard to remember a time when I didn't hang out with all of them.
This weekend is the big BASIC retreat. I am sure it is going to be a lot of fun and also God is really going to be doing even more amazing things in our lives. He has already done so much. I ask all of you to be in prayer for this weekend. I know if we seek after God that we will always come away changed. I know I am excited; not just for myself but also for those I know who need to make a very important decision this weekend too. I am in prayer that their hearts will be softened and their minds open.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the not so Deep;
Ok hey here is a shameless plug....The one who comments most on my blog also sleeps in the same apartment that I do and she could just talk to me. So if you don't live with me, I would like to hear from you too. Let me know what you are thinking. Tell me that your reading my stuff. You might make my day. Hey you might even make my week.

Props to Djere for listening to God (Whose your Daddy?) Lizz for the aforementioned reason (Whose your Daddy?) My host family for awesome chicken dinner, My mom for making me a baked surprise tomorrow (I can't wait) God gets infinite props cause God Rocks!
No Props to Mel for sprayin that nasty foul smelling floral scented clorox disinfectant in the garbage...6 hrs later and it still smells all florally but um not in a springtime way. Even less props for opening the garbage whilst I was finishing the dishes so I got to smell that nastiness all over again.

Well time to get back to the Math. Plan from tomorrow:Math Class, 1 hr car ride, Work Island, Home to do laundry and Back to Oswego 1 Hr, Sleep, Classes, Head out to Basic Retreat, Back Sunday afternoon, Nap. Later everyone!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home