Friday, March 26, 2004

Shine His Light

Ah Friday!
Well today was a long day. I awoke at seven thirty. I showered, dressed and ate a cookie. I contemplated all the homework which didn't get done yesterday (Yesterday 2hr hmwrk,1 1/2 hr math class,1 hr drive, 1hr wrk on island,30 min drive, 1 1/2 hr dentist appt(filling with no assistant,she apparently was in labor) 30 drive to island, 2 1/2 hr work,1 hr drive to apartment,dinner, 1 hr general procrastination, ok 2, 1/2 hr conversation with my boss, sleep) Back to today, did homework till 9 thirty,went to classes till 3, out a hour early, last class was cancelled, half hour at apartment, hour drive to island, work till 9ish, drove back to the rents, Laundry.

I would be in bed now but I am waiting on my clothes....

Had a profound thought as I was leaving work tonight. I came out of the office and realized there were no stars or moon out and it was raining and I wasn't completely sure if I would be able to find my car. I had forgotten what real dark feels like. Real dark is in effect the absence of light and it has a unreal force. I though about the people who aren't depending on God for guidance and how they are a lot like me stumbling into the dark trying to find my car. It is our obligation as those who have the light to spread it to those who are lost and stumbling. The further they have gone from the light the harder it is for them to find their way home, the brighter we need to allow God to shine through us so that they might be found as children of the light as we have been.
Tommorow is another busy day...work 9-11, 1 hr drive home, picking up/housework, Mary Kay Party 4, Basic Game night 7,

Props to the following people who need them earned them..H-squared..Djere..My mom..My last class of the day teacher...My sister...The makers of Zingers...Dell Technical support...Catie


2 Corinthians 12 Amplified
8Three times I called upon the Lord and besought [Him] about this and begged that it might depart from me;
9But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!
10So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [ in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home