Wednesday, March 24, 2004

This is Where I Come From

I was going to write about this but I felt this post by a good freind of mine said it best, so here it is:



"WHY I LOVE SMALL TOWNS"

"On Saturday, my old high school's girls basketball team won the state title. That's a big deal where I come from. My Dad left a message on the machine, all excited like, and asked me to call him to hear the play by play.

The best part was, that when the bus came back from Glens Falls, where the tournament was held, the State PO-lice met the bus at the exit from the interstate. They led the bus back to the school parking lot, heading it under a triumphal arch that had been created by extending the ladders of the town's two firetrucks across the road. The whole town showed up for the late celebratory tail gate in the school parking lot. The first state championship in school history."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home