Friday, March 19, 2004

Homeward Bound

Today is the official start of spring break. Yes kids it is official as of 9:45 last night. I am free of the island until Tuesday and the home office has been loaded into the blue diesel pickup and is no longer my responsibility(insert wild yells and hallelujah chorus here). While the advantages to the home office are many there is also something to be said for not waking up with the sound of the back-up drive humming along 2 Ft from your head. However, that being said, I am going to commemorate the loss of the office with the following top 5 list.

The Top Five Reasons Working From the Home Office Rocked:

5) I could answer the phone while wearing an oversized t-shirt, boxers and a blanket.

4) I could have pretend gosippy conversations with my pretend office friends.
"Can you believe what Katherine wore to work today"
"Yeah no kidding".
"She thinks she is sooo cool".

3) I can confuse people as they make reservations for the Island Paradise and hear sirens going off outside.

2) I can travel my entire commute in 6 seconds.

1) I can schedule my hours around Survivor and Dr. Phil.

So I am headed back this afternoon to the 'rents home. I have already been booked up to babysit tonight and I have arranged to do laundry there with the help of the girls who still think "helping is a cool thing to do". Mom is also making me a pumpkin pie so I am beyond myself thinking how good that will taste.

Although my break is looking to be an abbreviated one I am glad to have a couple days at home and a few days rest from the reservation business. I am also happy to see the sun is shining today and there aren't tiny snowflakes falling like earlier this week. I feel truly blessed in my life to have all the friends I have, and the opportunity to rest. We live in a fast paced world, and many people think they cannot afford to rest. What they do not know is that God Himself offers to everyone the opportunity to find perfect rest in Him. I hope as you read this today that you take advantage of that free gift and find rest in Him.

Pondering: Why this man can't get a real hair cut.

amused by: The 6 loads of laundry I have gotten dirty in less then a month.

Entertained by: Caleb the baby and his ability to make me go from bummed to happy in 6.7 seconds.

Eating: A chocolate chip waffle

Watching: Anne of Green Gables

Props to: Mel for making super yummy breakfast pizza.
Caleb for smelling so Babylicious.
Mom for offering to bake me a pie.
Donna for offering the use of her washer and dryer.
Jeanette for letting me pick up my cutest number one fan from preschool this afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home