Saturday, March 13, 2004

Adventures In The Quiet Home

Today was a quiet day. I spoke a lot, but to customers. I help people plan their vacations. I think that it is pretty enjoyable. People get so excited about planning their trips and I like being able to help them. A lot of times people who are planning vacations live really busy lives. Sometimes those people also need someone to listen to them. I don't mind doing that also. I think that if I can bless them and they need someone to listen I will do that. People often tell me more then they need to but I think everyone just needs someone to listen to them sometimes.
I mean isn't that what we are all looking for? Someone to acknowledge that we are here and worthwhile. I think there are a lot of people in my life who are doing that for me right now. I appreciate that so much. I think even though we have a Father in heaven who is able to hear the tiniest cry and the loudest yell there is also something to allowing the people God puts in our lives to share with us and to bless us.
Mel was gone today. Her friend was cutting her hair and then they spent the evening hanging out. So since I closed up the "office" I have been enveloped in the quiet. I think it has been good. Things seem so slow compared to the past week. I think that God has allowed me to appreciate today for the stillness it has brought. This is going to be a great spring break.

Watching : Bruce Almighty, Shanghai Noon
Devouring: A Veggie Burger on a Whole Wheat Pita
Chocolate Ice Cream with Hot Fudge, Chocolate Chips and Whipped Cream
Enjoying :Fine Art from My Couch
Celebrating: The 20 reservations in one day record I set today
Laughing at: "Quotes"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home