Thursday, March 11, 2004

Sleeping Like a Baby

I woke up this morning with a powerful image in my mind. What made this image even more significant is the way I have been feeling all week. It has been a hard week with lots of new lessons to learn. Not easy lessons either. I don't pretend to have all the answers but I feel like this image was very helpful and so I share it here now.
In my mind there was a room with lots of children sleeping on mats. I know it doesn't sound profound but here is what I feel it means. See we are all like those children and when we surrender to God we can find perfect peace there when we are tired. Just like kids in daycare we are never left alone while we rest. God is always right there to protect us. Just like it would be fruitless for the daycare kids to worry about what will happen while they sleep it is also fruitless for me to not rest in what God has provided to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home