Saturday, March 20, 2004

And on this road to righteousness sometimes the climb can be so steep

Friday had me feeling so domestic. I picked 3 yr old Caroline up at 2 from daycare. She was excited as I sprung her early from naptime and she was going to see her Kerri Jayne for the afternoon. I had hoped she would sleep in the car on the way home but wasn't so lucky. I took her to my second babysitting job. The other girls arrived shortly after an afternoon of ice skating. Laurissa the oldest...11 or 12..Megan around 10 and Kerri Jayne..the baby...or she was until suddenly she was like 7 when I blinked..She is still high on the cute meter....she is missing her two front teeth.

So the girls and I got rid of the parents and started in on the work of the afternoon.. There was coloring ...playdoh and then a movie and then Megan and I made dinner...Ziti with homeade sauce...green beans...and Laurissa and I made instant pudding...vanilla and chocolate...

After dinner we watched a movie..one of those cheesy Disney Channel Original Movies I secretly, now openly love. Wayne Brady played a music teacher and it was about a blind wrestler who struggles to find self acceptance and acceptance from his peers. The girls really liked it and so did I.

When Jeannete had come to get her before dinner Caroline didn't want to go so I kept her with me till the other girls parents got home. I put her in the booster seat after she had said the one hundredth goodbye of the evening and I loaded her, blanket, bear etc into the car, she Promptly fell asleep as soon as I was out of the driveway.

I have to say when I was contemplating the easiest way to get her into the house and back to sleep and deciding whether or not she needed to have her teeth brushed before she was tucked in I felt that twinge of domesticity. There is a part of me which thrives there with the babies and the little things. Reality says they are easy when you can leave them with their parents at the end of the night.

On another note:
I have been learning a lot of lessons about Christian friendship lately. More important then the lesson of what it is, perhaps is the lesson of what it is not. Lessons are being slowly learned but learned just the same. Change takes time. Change is not always easy but a crucial part of growth. Ok enough seriousness.

Watching (Kate Hudson Marathon):How to Lose a guy in 10 days
Alex and Emma

Eating(Thanks to My Momma): Chocolate Cupcakes with Green Buttercream Icing
Boneless Ribs with Maple Baked Beans

Laughing at : Donald Trump's latest headline

Procrastinating:6 loads of clean laundry sitting at the bottom of the stairs

Anticipating: Church Nursery Duty in the AM..... Prayer night with the Basic Kiddies (I miss you)...The first Sunday afternoon uninterrupted by "Hello ''''island this is Katherine how may I help you?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home