Sunday, May 02, 2004

Words Words Words

The following is a post of rejoicing and also of conviction:


*Praise* Praise the One who reigns on high as he broke something in me during worship. I bowed to him and realized the selfishness of the life I was walking out. I was looking for him to make me happy in my way when his way is so much greater. So then after that happened I received prayer, confirming in me what I knew to be true and further allowing me to lay those things which hinder me down. Rejoicing *check* -words seem insufficient but there you have them.

*Conviction* Ok I know that I have a tendency to look for the best in people. I had stopped trusting people because I was afraid of being hurt. It seemed like whenever I opened myself up people had a way of disappointing me because I expected nothing but the best. When people who love God do things which they know and I know is not edifying and building up it grieves me. I think one answer is that I need to extend some grace to people as they have to me.
That being said I also feel convicted to say the following so here goes nothing: If you are in my life and you are doing things you shouldn't, cut it out. I am opening myself up and trusting our friendships to God. I am going to pray about them and I put effort into being the person God wants me to be. I know we are not perfect. I know I don't always say the right thing. I desire the Lord to burn up in me any impurities. To rid me of all the things which are hindering my walk and all the things in me which are causing me to stumble.
I feel like I need to say to some people either your in or your out. What you say, the fruit of your lips is unclean and grieves me. I know that I have been tempted to speak in ways which are not edifying as well and I ask that you would all forgive me in that, I am sorry if I have said things which were not what God would have me to say. I am going to put effort into improve in this area as well.
When you do the wrong things I don't see you in light of the wrong things, I see the good in you and it grieves me because I know this is the thing which is hindering the growth to so much more. If this is you, respect that your words have power, when they are what God would say they have the power to build up and to move mountains, When they are not of God they also have power. Pray about it, that is all I ask. Conviction *check*


Psalm 15


A Psalm of David.
1LORD, WHO shall dwell [temporarily] in Your tabernacle? Who shall dwell [permanently] on Your holy hill?
2He who walks and lives uprightly and blamelessly, who works rightness and justice and speaks and thinks the truth in his heart,
3He who does not slander with his tongue, nor does evil to his friend, nor takes up a reproach against his neighbor;
4In whose eyes a vile person is despised, but he who honors those who fear the Lord (who revere and worship Him); who swears to his own hurt and does not change;
5[He who] does not put out his money for [1] interest [to one of his own people] and who will not take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things shall never be moved.(1)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home