Tuesday, April 20, 2004

A prayer

The day stretches before me with possibilities. Will today be the day that I bless someone else? Will today be the day I live to please the one who made me or only myself? Will today be the day I allow him to work through me? What will today bring, oh what will today bring?
Oh Lord,
Let my thoughts be of you. Let my journey bring me to a place of resting in you today. Let the work of my hands be the work of your hands. Let your praise be continually on my lips oh great God. I am but your servant and I don't think my work can please my master. Correct me oh God. Let me know that I cannot do it but for your grace, love and mercy. Thank you oh merciful Father. I will search you oh God with my whole heart today and when I have found you and the work for my hands I will perform it without complaints. For you have made, yes even you formed me, you know my rising up and my lying down. You are my Father and you look to bring only good gifts to you children. I come to you humbly and thank you that you have said in your word "Behold I am making all things new" . Today oh Lord I ask you to make me new.
-Kate
Proverbs 4
10Dear friend, take my advice;
it will add years to your life.
11I'm writing out clear directions to Wisdom Way,
I'm drawing a map to Righteous Road.
12I don't want you ending up in blind alleys,
or wasting time making wrong turns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home