Friday, April 16, 2004

The New Crib

So last night I got word on where I will be living next year. I am pretty excited and feeling pretty blessed to be able to live with a family from our church for less then I am paying now with added benefits like meals and laundry. I was kinda bummed earlier this week as I was thinking about all my friends living together in a suite. I know however that God wants me to do the off campus thing and has provided the way to make that work. As fun as living with the basic kids would be I think I also value my space and I will probably get more schoolwork done in this living arrangement.

It always amazes me the way God works things out according to his perfect plan. I mean that is not to say I doubt God but that instead I am amazed, in awe of the way he chooses to include the little worries of my life into his awesome plan. He has provision for my life. He cares to see about those details.

So this weekend I have to work 5-8 tonight 2-8 tomorrow and 1-8 Sunday so that means no fun. Work is the fun sucker, the fun Hoover. In better news however I have no classes Tuesday or Wednesday so I guess I can't complain too much.

Oh yeah and working at the island helps pay the bills, yeah the bills. That's what being a grownup is all about. And it is only going to get more fun when I graduate (or perhaps if I ever) cause then I will have like a mortgage and School loans and health insurance. It is looking like I will have spent a total of 3 1/2 years at oswego before I can get my teaching degree...if you add that to the 2 years from JCC that will be a bachelors in 5 1/2 years. You do the math....Not exactly what I would have planned but Early Childhood Credits don't exactly transfer into the El Ed English degree. So yes I will be oh like 26 when I get by bachelors and roughly 28 when I get my masters. 2 more years at oswego or 1 1/2 plus a summer with an 18 credit hour load next semester...Then the masters classes.

So God has this plan for me to be here, although at times I am pretty confused by it, it is his plan and not my own.

Well I had better get going I had a class off today and I am going to go grab a bite to eat before my 3 o'clock Spanish and my 1 hr commute to the island. If you need me this weekend I will be chillin with the Rents and the washer before I head back Sunday night. Tuesday night we must have lots of fun because I will need to make up for the fun sucking weekend.
-Kate
"Well I'm lookin' into hookin' with a lady
And not a girly of the worl'y that's shady
But the kinda girl you meet
Behind the doors of a church
Ya see, God will bring her to me
So I don't have to search
Too hard I've been scarred by the ones of the past
So put an APB out on the one that will last
A little longer than a roll in the hay for sure
But a bona fide lady's what I'm prayin' for-DC Talk"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home