Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Kittens Ponies and Frozen Reeses

So I had a good talk(IM) with Catie last night. It is good sometimes to just say what is on your mind. Sometimes when we really get what we are thinking out there we realize that it is not the thoughts that God wants us to be having or thinking toward ourselves. It is important sometimes to have someone to listen and to tell us what we need to hear. I think seeking what the Lord would say to us on our own of course has an important place as well.
I know that God has brought some new people onto my life this semester. I wanted to believe that friendships were all kittens and ponies and the solutions to my problems, sunshine and frozen reeses peanut butter cups. In reality all relationships are on some level work. That is not to say it is always hard. Just to say when you have good Christian friends then you are accountable and God is going to deliver to you in a measure, a dose of, "you have support, now deal with your "issues"".
I praise God for the Friendships he has blessed me with this semester because I know it is the catalyst for growth. I see myself growing and more and more I feel like I am growing closer to God, not just closer to other people. I also see my friends growing closer to God which makes me want to press in even harder.
I see the way the word is written on Djere's heart and it makes me desire to know Gods word in a more intimate way. I see the way Liz seeks to hear from God and makes that relationship her priority. I see the way Catie has Christ-like compassion. I strive not to be like them but like the Jesus I see working in them. <><

"Call it what you will, I call it rain
When troubles come and pan against my soul
Go in if you like, I will remain
And let the washing waters make me whole

Just when I’m sure that I can’t bear the rain
A tiny leaf starts pushing through the ground
In a place where the soil was too dry to sustain it
A new tiny flower can be found "
-Sara Groves

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home