Friday, January 20, 2006

Joy


When I was younger I used to love the beach. I would spend the day in the sun building castles and digging moats. I would splash in the surf, jumping over the waves. I would sit on the merry go round till I was so dizzy I could barely walk when i got off. We would eat jelly sandwiches, our hands coated in sand, pepsi in cans and chips while we fruitlessly tried to chase away the seagulls. We often camped on the shores of lake ontario, the sound of the waves crashing into the shore, the mosquitos biting up our arms as we burnt another marshmallow over the late night fire. We would sit in lawn chairs staring at the coals till our eyes got dim. I wanted those times to last forever. If I could bottle up my childhood joy in one memory I imagine that those days spent burying ourselves in the sand would be how I could describe my joy.


And now, less then a week from the birthday of my twenty sixth year I have been fortunate to learn of a joy which might go down as greater then all the summer days spent in the sun. This is a joy which I still find unfathomable. I can only explain that it is that which has been given to me by my father, the heavenly one. Yes Kids Katherine went and fell in love. His name is Phil Sweet. He lives in florida. He was born in NY and his family now lives in Alabama. He loves Jesus and he loves me. He is a broadcast/music major at a christian college to graduate in may. He plays the guitar and likes to cook.


And recently he decided to declare his love by imitating someone named Tom....but Tom has nothing on Phil


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home