Wednesday, February 16, 2005

edify

I had an misunderstanding with one of my brothers yesterday. Not my real brother but my spiritual one. It seems lately when i want to be understood I end up misunderstood and sad.

I want to talk about edification today. It is biblical.
Romans 14:19
Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another.
Some people think it is enought to not say things to offend people, some people think it is enough to say that they were just joking. Man up. If we aren't building up the spiritual body we are tearing it down. If your leg is in pain you don't ignore that pain and say no one else in the body has a problem so you shouldn't either.
If you taperecorded all the interactions you had today what would you work on? There is power in the toungue so listen to yourself. I know I have become too sarcastic and am going to work on it myself. Just because things are easy to poke fun at doesn't make it right. Words have power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home