Saturday, February 07, 2004

Adventures in Laundry (Don't be so quick to... walk away.... C'mon dry with me)

Today was laundry day. It was a great exodus to the Laundromat. Mel and I loaded the laundry into the car fording the river which has formed from all the snow which has melted from the 10 Ft banks. We had 5 baskets of laundry in all. I took it upon myself to wash, dry, fluff and fold all the massive laundry we have accumulated in two weeks.
So I was doing laundry and reading the latest in the required reading for childrens lit..."Whale Rider" and this guy walked in and he could have been a stunt double for Justin Timberlake. I had to laugh. Of course I am sure he was thinking I was some kind of stunt double for Brittany Spears (I get that all the time)

I have been taking 5 classes and working from the home office and attempting to maintain my high standard of domesticity which led up to the 4 legged chicken fiasco of this week (Read Mels Blog..link to the right) I think I need to perhaps get a tad more sleep. I made Korean bbq beef tonight with fried tofu and it tasted really good and I escaped without having anything I said end up being quoted to me.

In other news my crazy classes are actually, on occasion, fun. My Spanish professor is a laugh riot. He was born in Italy and has all sorts of strong opinions. For instance this week he was telling us how he never let his kids go to sleep overs, they slept in their own beds, he was informing us how sleepovers are orgies. He made me write sentences on the board on Friday and if it had been anywhere else I would have been nervous but when I am in his class I just want to laugh all the time.

Well I had better be getting back to work. I think I have procrastinated long enough. Next time I see Justin Timberlake I will be sure and get a photo and post it right here on my blog. Who said doing laundry was boring? Speaking of Photos I finally perfected the art of photo blogging. See the link "pics" to the right. I will leave you all now with this thought...Don't be so quick to ...Walk away...C'mon dry with me...Don't be so quick to ......Walk away...I'm gonna add the fabric softener before the end of this load....."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home