Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Well it is almost Christmas Folks. I can hardly believe how busy the last year has been. Those who are tight will know it has not been without it's sadness but with sadness is also Joy. As a few have gone home to be with Jesus still others have celebrated in new births and the forming of new families.
School has been, as usual, SOOO much fun-insert sarcastic sighs here- but in the same way there has been this semester a new interest in reading and maybe a new appreciation for the responsibility I have to learn as much as possible now so I can have a deep well to draw from someday when I am a teacher.
I was so grateful in November to get a break from my studies and to accompany my good friend Jeanette and her daughter Caroline on a Disney Cruise. The joy was bittersweet as our thoughts were never too far from her husband Jim who had lost his battle to cancer in the fall. At the same time it was amazing to be in such a beautiful part of God's creation.

How often as I was on the trip I was reminded of God's grace. The most memorable as I was getting my hair braided on Disney's Castaway Cay and the Bahaman women sang praise songs. I realized the beauty of God's creation and how he was everywhere and in everything I did. I had such a peace there.

In a stark contrast the the Bahamas the weather in our corner of New York has been especially brutal. Snow has been coming in feet not inches. Roughly over 40 inches fell last week. It is really beautiful but makes for some pretty interesting driving.

Well I guess that is it from my corner of the world....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home