Friday, January 30, 2004

A State of Emergency...But don't call it a blizzard

Day two of the snow which has no end.....

They have declared a state of emergency here in Oswego. My sister posed a good question....how is it there is a state of emergency but we can't call it a blizzard? What is the qualification for a blizzard? Over four feet in less that two days certainly seems like a blizzard to me.

It is early here. I went to bed in anticipation of getting up early to shovel the car out and so when my sister came in to tell me classes were cancelled I got up and have been awake ever since. She says I am too loud in the morning. She says I am way too awake . I have decided I have no in between speed. I am either awake or asleep. I can't help but have a child like giddiness about our second snow day in a row. This is unprecedented!!

The flip side to the giddiness is the reality of how long it will take all this snow to melt and how long it will take to clean off the car. Six foot snow banks also make for interesting driving to say the least. This is the price we pay for living next to lake Ontario. The weatherman said when describing this storm that we were "under the gun" I remember thinking that was a little harsh but now I understand what he was saying.
Well I had better start my day...or at least change into clean pajamas....

When do you know it has snowed too much????......When the snowmobilers say there is too much snow!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home