Thursday, January 29, 2004

If you're happy and you know it GRAB A SHOVEL and give me a hand

So I am writing you all from the comfort of my bedroom. The beautiful ancient radiators are the nice thing about living in a building that is probably older then my grandmother. It is sub tropic in my bedroom and ...What is the best way to put it? MMM brutal outside.
I started classes on Monday and today, Thursday, classes were cancelled. I found out after 6 but was so excited I never went back to sleep. How disappointing! While the snow is continuing to bury the car (3 feet and counting) I am happy for the opportunity to share my thoughts with you...The masses from the comfort of my room as roadrunner was installed today(yeah cable guys who braved the weather)

Sunday I had my 24th birthday. It was great. My friend "Hollywood" (as I like to call her )took me out for lunch after church. Then 8 of my closest friends and I went bowling and I scored over one hundred in my second game. Everyone laughed at my form which involves a skip..It is really unexplainable but apparently funny....I can't see myself bowl so I can't say how I feel about it. Halfway thru my parents showed up, an hours drive, and surprised me. I cried. Nothing like a good birthday cry to let you know you are loved :)
Bowling was followed by cake and cards and homeade hummus....mmm hummus....I love it..Thank you Mel.
The excitement of my birthday was great but of course Monday reality hit as I sat thru the marathon 5 classes I am taking....fun times. Actually I think I am going to like this semester, I am just going to be doing a lot of reading....
I will also be working from home starting next week. My boss is setting me up with a home office of sorts, which should be good if I don't turn into a total hermit. I can see it now...me squirreled up in my bedroom with the glow of the computer monitor reflecting against my glasses...My sister calling to me in the distance "Katherine....Are you ever coming out!!?"
I digress....I am excited about that ...In some ways scared..Thinking..When did I become a grown up with responsibilities and obligations? Still grateful I won't have to commute an hour both ways 4 times a week to the office.
Well I guess that is it from my very snowy corner of the world...It is weather like this that makes me grateful my door opens in and not out.
Stay warm my friends...Stay warm!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home