Thursday, December 25, 2003

Christmas is JESUS

I was fortunate to spend this morning with my favorite three year old friend. She was so very excited to receive, among other things, a small kitchen set. The look on her face this morning was one of pure joy. You see she has no expectations of Christmas. She doesn't remember Christmas from last year.
Her Joy reminds me of the way I need to be about Jesus. I need to wake up everyday and remember that to simply be in every day in a gift. To have received Christ and to be blessed to walk with him is the greatest gift of all. Sometimes I let my circumstances dictate how happy I am. A life dictated by circumstances is a life which will always fall short.

What I need to do, what I am trying to say, what would be best of all, is this: To wake up each day without any expectations and to count everything joy. To live each day in the moment and not worry about the what if and how everything is to be. My little friend is not concerned about money or clothes or even toys. Her earthly mother can see to provide good gifts to her and she trusts that everything will be OK. Let us then who have a heavenly father put a little more trust this Christmas in him who is able to abound toward us in all things.

Whether you were blessed to receive much or give much this Christmas remember that Jesus the true gift is both free and priceless. Remember the one who knows if you are sleeping and knows when you are awake wants to see that you are blessed with the gifts which never disapoints.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home