Thursday, July 22, 2004

Happy Birthday Jon !!

Last night I had the priviledge of receiving a phone call from my very good friend Jon. There are not very many things which I miss about school but one of the things I miss the most are the periodic calls from Jon. Jon is in so many ways things which I strive to be, quiet, thoughtful, reserved, deep, intellectual and charming. In so many ways his friendship has been such a blessing to me and so on this his birthday my prayers and thoughts are toward him for blessings big and small in the coming year.


Today at work the baby was very grumpy as I layed her down for her nap, late. She was sobbing and crying out for apa (korean for daddy) and MaMa and was sobbing those deep hold your breath sobs deep in her chest. It struck me though as she eventually drifted off. In some ways I am envious of her. When she feels something she does not hold back. Her emotions are strong and full. When I am upset I am not able to give it up and cry out and I think that sometimes it is in the giving up that we finally receive comfort. So I hope that as you read this today you as I will find a new revelation of crying out in your broken exhaustion and eventually finding rest in the peace that follows.
In other news I will be in Oswego sat afternoon for the annual Lauren and Mark Harborfest BBQ. It is going to be so great. I am going to go into work to do children's activities but then hopefully sneaking out to head for O town and Harborfest. I was in Oswego last night to visit Mel and went to a wonderful bible study led by deb greutman. Then I went swimming with mel and joneil in the pool after dark. Mel is living with the Greuts now and has girlified Bens room and bathroom. It is great but I miss the Ben.
Well I had better finish this up before the computer overheats as it is its new habit of doing.
Happy Birthday Jon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home