Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Canadian Bacon

Later this week I will be accompanying my Bosses wife..Well truthfully my boss :) Nicky to Toronto to visit with her mom and dad and help her with the little monkey and "Skippy". The little monkey (her mothers nickname not mine, although she literally hangs of everything like a little monkey and has great affection for yellow fruit) is going to be 2 on Saturday and of course this weekend if I am not mistaken is Canadian thanksgiving.
My new schedule since I dropped my Physics class leaves me with 4 classes on tue and 3 on thurs but MWF I only have math so I will be skipping both those classes and having a long weekend (Yay) The boy child and I will both be skipping Friday but he of course has Columbus day of unlike us who feel more strongly toward the Jewish New Year. I digress. Someone in my math class actually offered to scan her notes into an attachment and e-mail them to me and I am taking Fridays quiz tomorrow afternoon so I think I will leave this weekend intellectually intact.
What is most cool about hanging out with Nikkis family is that I will get to eat really yummy Taiwanese food. Secondly as cool is that Nikkis mom loves me. Whenever she would visit the island and I would be with the kids she would always say things like "you so good with them" "They so lucky have you" in addition to making the kids say thank you to me constantly for taking care of them. While I know I am no saint she has at many times cared for the kids and so she realizes the responsibility and she sees like most other casual observers that the children actually listen to me cause I don't put up with their crap. While their fathers no often means no unless you whine enough my no means nope, not in this lifetime, feel free to cry I will be ready to talk to you when you are about done, I set the boundaries because I love you and feel no need to be your best friend. A lot for a two letter word hey?
So yes I will be loving on the monkey and Daniel as much as is possible as they will be in the land of all spoil if you will. The land of spoil being most likely multiplied by a power of ten being that it is the monkeys second birthday. It will be fun too just to get away for a little bit to a foreign country (albeit Canada) even though the culture will be not really all that Canadian at all.

I have not written in like forever and I feel like so much has happened. Heather and I have been hanging out a ton and that has been fun. I went to the Elim dinner and worship Sunday night which was just an awesome time. I finally got my incomplete from my English class completed and turned in which just has been a great weight lifted.
Last Saturday we celebrated our new friend tylers birthday and that was fun. I went over there after going to this awesome juggling show with Jon on campus which was stinkin awesome. I didn't really expect much but the performers were super professional and they just did things I could barely keep up with my eyes and can't imagine how they train their hands to go so fast.

I also went apple picking last Saturday which was fun even though it rained. The night before Mel and I went with the parents shopping and I found some great clothes most of which were on sale or clearance . I got a pair of pants from j crew for 20 bucks which like never happens. That store is usually a look only; drool only, kinda place.
I got a essay test back in English today that I had sped through and thought I did horrible on finding I only lost two half points out of 15. Sometimes I feel that I slack too much and get away with far too much.
Speaking of slacking. The Sims. Need I say more. I am behind the times and purchased the older version but it has been keeping me plenty entertained, especially as I have now acquired the cheat code and have an endless supply of cash :)
Hmm....That is about it from my corner of the world. Hope this post finds all my friends, near and far, walking in the blessing...Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home