Saturday, May 29, 2004

Car Trippin and Boondoggle

Well the trip with my dad to visit Mike and Janet was really fun. My dad was lots of fun in the car. We were listening to third day worship and he insisted on playing harmonica to one of the songs. He likes to take his time when we drive anywhere but I think I am the same way. We get there when we get there. No use being in a hurry.

Tuesday night I was tired from the dentist and we just hung out in the house. Janet made yummy pizza and then she and I watched chasing liberty while my dad read and my brother studied some computer stuff.

Wednesday Mike had a job interview in the morning and then we all went to lunch at zebbs. Janet had a turkey club while Mike, Dad and I each had a burger and fresh cut fries. I had fried mushrooms A-1 and provelone on mine and it was delicious. After lunch we did some shopping. I had to buy supplies for the activities on the island and mike needed a new saw.

When we returned Mike and Dad watched gladiator and Janet burned some photos for me. I half watched the movie...Not a violence fan. Before dad and I hit the road we had yummy milkshakes for dinner. The trip back was good, making a pit stop in oswego to see my old roomate and sister.

The rest of my week has been mostly work although I enjoy work more and more each day. I did my first of the planned activities today with the holiday weekend. The hotdog cookout was a bust but the crafts went so well I had to set up a second table before we started. We made bracelets and keychains. I ran into some trouble starting the boondoggle but luckily I had a few experts within my group who assisted me.

Well that is about it from this island chick. The sunset was gorgeous today despite the high winds with waves in excess of six feet. The wonder of God's creation never ceases to amaze me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home