Monday, June 12, 2006

Stars Fell on Alabama

So in the last week a lot of things have changed and in just over a week from now I will be getting on a plane to return sooner than I thought to Opelika. Opelika, home of the Sweets, in Alabama, just beyond the Chatahochee river. Yup. Thanks to the graciousness of God and the parents of my boyfriend I am having another great adventure. I don't know much but I know when God tells you go, you go. So hopefully and prayerfully hopefully I will soon acquire a job for the remander of the summer.

The advantages being that I will get to see more of the boy then if I stay. Also free room and board. Alabama summers are also really beautiful I hear and there is only one way to find out for myself. My distaste for hot weather will hopefully be overcome by the fact that pretty much every building in Opelika has central air conditioning. In fact if anything I may spend most of my summer being too cold instead of too hot.

The only things that are not good about leaving is missing Mel when she comes to visit from Guatemala and also missing my friend Heathers wedding. I am bummed about it but I know they both will understand. Every door I tried to open here this summer got shut and I feel a peace and a calling to Opelika this summer.

So prayers would be cool and I will see most of you again in the fall, till then you can find me in the Sweet Home Alabama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home